2016 Dates Confirmed

Winterfest #19
MTierney
Captain
Captain

2016 Dates Confirmed

Postby MTierney » Tue Nov 24, 2015 12:19 am

Friends
Just wanted to let everyone know that the dates have been straightened out with the hotel. It seems they had us down a week early and we did not know until one of you tried to make a reservation.

Dates are Feb 12-21st. You can begin making your reservations now. Remember to use the local number and not the 800 line. The local desk only knows about Winterfest and you need to reference that to get the $70/night rate.

Let me know of any further problems, but there should not be any. Look forward to seeing you all in February!

Merv Tierney

tombeach
Major
Major

Re: 2016 Dates Confirmed

Postby tombeach » Thu Nov 26, 2015 6:56 pm

Hi Merv,

This seemed like the best location to place this in anticipation of being seen.

While I've mentioned it in passing, I wanted to check with you directly to be sure that we will have enough available tables for Seven Days Campaign game? It employs nine 22x34 maps which will require a playing area of 8.5'x6'. Can't recall the dimensions of the tables there nor how many are available (possible shortage?). Assuming standard eight foot lengths, I have provisions for the .5' of extra map space having photocopied the ends of those maps to be set up on a separate table if needed so 8'x6' is the minimum required. But of course we'll need at least one other table for those remaining maps and staging etc. Want to be sure there's no trouble on this issue before I invest a healthy amount of $ in additional plexiglass to cover this behemoth. Anything you can tell me would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

MTierney
Captain
Captain

Postby MTierney » Fri Nov 27, 2015 11:30 am

Tom,
Just let me know how many you will need. We rent six and eight foot tables. That goes for everyone else too. Let me know if you are playing a monster and need more than one table so I rent enough. Thanks.
Merv

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:38 pm

Thanks Merv. How wide are the eight foot tables? Are they 2.5' as is the standard? Or are they 3' wide? This may affect my request. Thanks.

Tom

MTierney
Captain
Captain

Postby MTierney » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:01 pm

Tom,
The tables are standard size.
Merv

kqrgcw
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Postby kqrgcw » Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:12 am

Merv,

I just sent you an email with my cell phone #. The hotel just told me that they had no more rooms set aside and that the coordinater ( I think they mean you) had to call to get more. I've never had this happen before. Please respond.

Roger

MTierney
Captain
Captain

Postby MTierney » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:45 am

Roger,
There was an issue with some new software in the hotels reservation system. All cleared up. We have twenty five rooms blocked off for us.
Merv

Return to “Winterfest XIX - 2016”