Seven Days Campaign Game

Winterfest #19
tombeach
Major
Major

Re: Seven Days Campaign Game

Postby tombeach » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:29 pm

You are correct, Dave. And yes, each Extended Line marker pays its own terrain costs independently for its expansion and is dependent upon terrain entered when doing so. The same is also true in reverse. Remember that when expanding or contracting the costs are incurred individualy. But this will affect the entire unit by way of the rule which requires the parent unit and all Extended units to be adjacent at the end of every phase (i.e. Movement). So while some parts of the unit have not spent MP's they may be restricted in their own movement expenditures by what an Extended Line Marker has already spent in order to meet the requirements of being adjacent. As to the specific rule, there is nothing spelled out specifically. The procedure is covered only in the opening paragraph of 17.0.

Tom

kqrgcw
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Postby kqrgcw » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:30 am

Tom, I will be able to try the vassal link next week. I had some problems with vassal lasst year with Barbarossa. In the middle of Decemberr I will be off a week so should be able to try something then with you if not before.

Roger

kqrgcw
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Postby kqrgcw » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:35 am

Tom, Seven Days will be my primary game.

Roger

kqrgcw
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Postby kqrgcw » Sun Dec 13, 2015 2:32 am

What game on vassal is a good start? I'll let you know when I get it running.

Roger

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:43 pm

Hi Roger,

Three Battles of Manassas is a great place to start. It has a very small scenario in the 'Clash of Volunteers' (First Manassas) module as the first one up, that being, "To Henry Hill." Let me know when you're ready, pick a side and we'll start!

You're going to need a copy of the game to facilitate set-up. If you don't own a copy, then download the Special Rules booklet 'Clash of Volunteers' from the MMP Support/Gamers/CWB link which has the set-up in it and transfer units to the vassal board. Don't recall whether you've had experience with Vassal or not yet, Roger. If you need help navigating the module let me know. Its not very difficult once you get the hang of the layout.

I don't play Vassal peer-to-perr (live). I prefer for the sake of available time to create my Logfiles and send them as simple email attachments. So, we'll need to exchange email addresses before beginning.

filmman(and the number fifty six) AThotmailDOTcom

Best,

Tom

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:13 am

Last Call For Seven Days

Please make your commitment to the game by December 31.

Thanks.

Tom

kqrgcw
1st Lieutennant
1st Lieutennant

Postby kqrgcw » Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:29 am

My house had a few issues this week that sucked up my time. I will get on Christmas to download the scenario set up and get the game set up.

Roger

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:54 pm

No problem, Roger. Just let me know when you're ready.

Thanks

Tom

TEJ
2nd Lieutennant
2nd Lieutennant

Postby TEJ » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:45 am

Tom,

Is there a downloadable set of Malvern Hill rules on the web anywhere? I seem to be too late to buy the game from MMP and I think you said that MH is the latest rules and we'll be using them.

Or is there a listing of what changed from earlier games in the series, if I buy one of those?

Todd

tombeach
Major
Major

Postby tombeach » Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:59 am

Hi Todd,

This link will get you to the Malvern Hill specific rules page where you can download them. MH covers all of the campaign game rules. No other Seven Days titles needed. It also contains all of the Casualty Charts and Fatigue Charts we'll be using.

http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/malhill.htm

This link will get you both the most current CWBS Rules (v3.2) as well as all of the v3.2 Charts & Tables needed. Also download the New Command Charts for 3.0/3.2. Between these three downloads you'll be covered.

http://www.gamersarchive.net/theGamers/archive/cwb.htm

While you can certainly solo any of the games in the series for prep, you'll still need to download all the v3.2 files to be up to date as the 3.2 rules and C&T are compatible with all series games.

Are you confirming your participation, Todd?

Thanks

Tom

Return to “Winterfest XIX - 2016”