DAY BY DAY - World War Two, as a Daily Blog

HQ for planning the next gaming event in Sandusky
DaveM1
Major
Major

DAY BY DAY - World War Two, as a Daily Blog

Post by DaveM1 » Tue Sep 02, 2014 11:13 pm

So I found this blog, written starting in 2009, that records day by day what happened in World War Two 70 years earlier. It got me thinking - It would be a cool idea to walk through the history in one day chunks instead of reading the summary that ends up in history books.

So Since the war started now 75 years ago (yesterday), what I'm going to do is to try to repost the other guy's blog day by day, as I read what happened that day. When the mood strikes and energy is available, I might add newspaper headlines I might find with some searching.

We'll see how long I keep this going....and knowing how hard a time I have with being consistent once things are routine, I'm utterly amazed that the original author has not only been doing it but WRITING the darn thing for years!

Here's my blog address:

http://awinterfestwargamer.blogspot.com

ThisLee
Captain
Captain

Re: DAY BY DAY - World War Two, as a Daily Blog

Post by ThisLee » Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:50 am

That day-by-day blogger might be Dave Lippman, another old Europa hand. He had a blog like that, I think it had USS Washington in the title?

Have fun

firefly17pdr
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Re: DAY BY DAY - World War Two, as a Daily Blog

Post by firefly17pdr » Fri Sep 19, 2014 10:55 pm

Yes - that would be Dave. I've been on his site before. its pretty good. He's done some articles for World War Ii Magazine. One he did that was particularly good was on Operation Bodenplatte.

Ron