Side Game Proposals

HQ for planning the next gaming event in Sandusky
DaveM1
Major
Major

Re: Side Game Proposals

Post by DaveM1 » Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:51 pm

I've got Combat Commander but have only played it a handful of times, almost all as a solo gamer. Love to play it with someone who's really into it!

I feel like I've got no more than a basic handle on it, and while I like the flow and quick play I'm not completely sure about it. I plan on bringing it with me, though.

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:12 pm

firefly17pdr wrote:Tom - if the EFS games fall through the crack I wouldn't mind giving the Bulge game another crack. If you want to do a campaign game, I'd say lets go with four players. I personally have no preference on the side I'd play, but I do have experience with Fifth Panzer Army.

Ron
I don't know if you noticed but Roger posted a while back that he was interested in EFS. I know you love the game and are looking for players. I met Roger for breakfast and he is planning on posting again.

Merv

Madison
Uber-Oberst
Uber-Oberst

Post by Madison » Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:55 pm

Speaking of Fleet Games... I bought a copy of AH's Sink the Bismark back in like 8th grade. I still have it, and would bring it if anyone wanted to fiddle around with it. It has hidden operational movement maps and various levels of complexity for ship to ship combat on a tactical grid map or flat playing surface for the more advanced game.

J

tombeach
Major
Major

Post by tombeach » Wed Nov 19, 2014 11:40 pm

Ron, I will indeed bring some Civil War games! A future planning would be nice to discover. That said, I confess I am not a fan or Bergs GBACW although I am absolutely willing to give it another go. I only own Gringo! and Expansion along with Dead of Winter. Anything David Powell designs for Civil War is going to be worth the effort to me. I'm also a big Rosecrans fan and am always looking for a reason to defend his besmirched honor! To that end, No Better Place To Die is a great CWB series game on Murfreesboro. :D

Tom

MTierney
Major
Major

Post by MTierney » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:13 am

Madison wrote:Speaking of Fleet Games... I bought a copy of AH's Sink the Bismark back in like 8th grade. I still have it, and would bring it if anyone wanted to fiddle around with it. It has hidden operational movement maps and various levels of complexity for ship to ship combat on a tactical grid map or flat playing surface for the more advanced game.

J
John,
Every year someone brings this up (a good naval game) and we have NEVER done one! I always bring "Jutland" for that reason and it never gets opened. Would love to some evening.
Merv

kqrgcw
Captain
Captain

Post by kqrgcw » Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:53 pm

Someone asked if I could bting the SPW WWI series as a possible side and I will do so.

Roger

MarkD
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MarkD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:31 am

ThisLee wrote:Welcome aboard MarkD, and I hope to hold you to the Downtown game.

The COIN series, I keep hearing about, but I haven't looked at yet.

The Fleets: I think I have all 4, but haven't played in years; Maybe.
I'm still figuring out my plans but I should be there for the last three days (Friday, Saturday, Sunday) and possibly Thursday also. We can schedule Downtown for one of those days?

MarkD
Corporal
Corporal

Post by MarkD » Wed Nov 26, 2014 2:33 am

DaveM1 wrote:I've got Combat Commander but have only played it a handful of times, almost all as a solo gamer. Love to play it with someone who's really into it!

I feel like I've got no more than a basic handle on it, and while I like the flow and quick play I'm not completely sure about it. I plan on bringing it with me, though.
I've only played Combat Commander once and I got my butt kicked.

BTW I can't reply to PMs. I live in Westland, Michigan. Halfway between Detroit and Ann Arbor.

TEJ
Captain
Captain

Post by TEJ » Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Roger,

By weird coincidence, my newest Facility Coordinator at Fort Douglas, UT, is the very "S" from SPW. :o

I walked into his office and there on the wall was the full set of WW1 maps from Der Weltkrieg. 8-)

I would very much like to push a few pieces around in one of the games from the series.

Todd

firefly17pdr
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant

Post by firefly17pdr » Wed Nov 26, 2014 8:16 pm

We would love to have Roger join us!! I am sure he would have a blast playing this monster with us. Roger - what side do you have a preference for? Do you have any sector in mind that interests you?

Thanks!!!

Ron